Biancalani AIRO®, the all-round finishing machine for washing, drying and softening any kind of woven, non-woven and knitted fabric. A high quality finishing style which has no equal in the world. The AIRO®style.
Two or four channels
Washing & drying or drying only
Up to 1000 metres per minute
Up to 450 kg per hour
Here’s how it works
The AIRO® principle, introduced and patented in 1985 by Biancalani, is based on the combination of an air-only fabric transport system and the high-speed impact of the material against a special stainless steel grill. The fabric is driven by an intense airflow and accelerated without any tension inside the processing tubes. It is then ejected against an impact grid positioned at the rear of the machine, where it discharges all the accumulated kinetic energy. After falling onto a Teflon-coated slide, the fabric flows to the front of the treatment vat, ready to be guided by a roller to the beginning of a new cycle.
Feel the power of air and steel
The exclusive air-only transport system keeps the fabric safe from any form of mechanical crease or abrasion. It delivers a strong and delicate action during the washing or squeezing process without any friction and with absolute absence of defects, as the fabric is continuously “massaged” by air inside the tubes and immediately opened as soon as it is ejected at high speed towards the stainless steel impact grill. At the same time, the air forces the water to deeply penetrate the fabric, while the impact against the grill quickly discharges it, largely improving the efficiency of the washing process, and providing a mechanical and permanent effect of softening and natural compaction of the fibres, universally known as AIRO® Hand.
Suitable for every fabric
AIRO® can process any type of textile surface in a very wide range of compositions, always with optimal results. From natural fibres and blends, to artificial (viscose, polyammide, Cupro, Lyocell, Modal) and synthetic ones, woven, knitted, non-woven, coated, or laminated, for different applications ranging from apparel to upholstery to home textile and technical applications. There are no limits in terms of weight and width. Results are obtained in complete safety and without defects.
What can AIRO® do for you?
On all versions:
- Airflow tumble-drying and mechanical softening of wet fabric
- Mechanical, chemical-free softening, on dry fabric or with steam application
- Mechanical softening after application of chemical products
- Intensive steaming treatments
- Single-pass polymerization and softening of resin-treated fabric
- Cleaning treatment after bio-polishing and surface finishing
- Compaction, stabilization, relax
Additionally, on AIRO® versions with washing capabilities:
- Application of chemicals (i.e. softener) by exhaustion
- Fibrillation and defibrillation
- Bio-polishing and enzyme washing treatments
- Light milling of woollen fabrics
- Washing, desizing, scouring, bleaching…
Which results will AIRO® deliver?
- Softness, volume, drape (AIRO® HAND)
- Lamb skin effect on polar fleece
- Clean surface and inhibition of pilling formation*
- Opening of the chenille and three-dimensionality on jacquards
- Swelling and volume on velvet, corduroy, and pile fabric in general
- Dimensional stability on knitted and stretch fabrics
- Perfect preparation of Tencel™ Lyocell*
- Relaxation, increase in elasticity, resilience, and “sewability”
- Délavé effect, colour reduction, vintage effect*
- Hand breaking on rigid fabric or laminated materials
- Casual look and wrinkled effect
- Softness and uniformity of the surface on printed cloths
- Peachy hand on emerized and brushed surfaces
- Grain-enhancement and natural/aged look on synthetic leather
- Touch enhancements such as “paper hand” or “gummy hand”
- Compaction and light felting on woollen fabric
- Opalescence and frosted effect*
- …and many others!
(*) only on AIRO® machines with washing capabilities
AIRO® hand label certifies the original AIRO® effect of the fabric finished in a Biancalani machine.
AIRO® 2 SL
AIRO® 4 SL
Number of channels
Drying & softening treatments
Steam treatments (i.e. polar fleece)
Wet treatments (i.e. enzyme washing)
Fabric treatment speed
Maximum treatment temperature Air heating with steam
Air heating with gas or diathermic oil
Average evaporation capacity
Maximum water temperature
Tank capacity for chemical products
Installed electrical power
Average electrical power absorption
Installed thermal power for air
Installed thermal power for water
Dimensions (W x L x H)
5.100 x 8.350 x
3.950 x 8.600 x
6.850 x 8.600 x
5.500 x 9150 x
*The data shown can be changed at any time without prior notice due to product modification and improvement
WHY CHOOSE US
At Biancalani we do a lot more for you than just building machines. We listen to your advice and desires and make it easy for you to reach your goals offering you our past as a present: we strive to be part of your future.